Demi Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can you help me figure out if I'm demi?

2 posters

Go down

Can you help me figure out if I'm demi? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can you help me figure out if I'm demi?

Post by Halfling Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:09 am

Oh.. then maybe online communities could help.. :/ I don't think I were of much help here, but it can take some time to know and understand oneself..

Halfling
Conversationalist

Back to top Go down

Can you help me figure out if I'm demi? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can you help me figure out if I'm demi?

Post by aforestfae Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:20 pm

Ok I know I haven't been on here for a few days.
I've just stripped back everything and really thought about what I actually feel towards fictional characters and people in real life
Real Life- Never experienced sexual attraction to anyone nor romantic attraction but I can experience aesthetic attraction, without any communication between me and that person it can't develop into anything more (isn't that how attraction is formed 'normally'?), unless I have only become attracted to them due to a similarity to a fictional crush, but then it's more about my dream guy than the real person (I feel so mean)
Fictional- Aesthetic attraction is the initial thing I feel, it can develop years after seeing them first, it's not instant but it can be. I create a fantasy world, I fall in 'love' with them, I don't believe I feel actual sexual attraction to them, but I don't really understand the whole sexual attraction thing clearly.
It seems to be more of a sexual desire kicks in and they are the one I'd rather do the things with (is that sexual attraction or something else?), the idea doesn't repulse me in any way and I actively like the idea even without the sexual desire being there the idea is still appealing.
I have no desire for casual sex or sex early in a relationship, never have never will, I have no desire to get into relationships or date people I don't know, I'd rather get to know them, become friends and if there is still the aesthetic attraction and it's mutual then I'd be happy to date them (isn't that also how it goes?).
Anyway, it's a bit clearer for me now, still unsure of the 'appropriate label' but maybe one day

aforestfae

Back to top Go down

Post by Halfling Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:08 pm

Seems like a few days of thinking made things a bit clearer Smile
I don't think "classic" (I like this word better than "normal") attraction is "friends first, then if aesthetic attraction => ok to date and more". I think most people are "able" to be sexually attracted without being in love / having strong feelings. Doesn't mean they would go on casual sex/ one night stands. But they could get excited sexually only by aesthetic and/or what they can feel from the person they find attractive.

For instance, I can't have sexual attraction toward someone I'm not in love with, even if I find them reaaaally cute / aesthetically at my taste lol. Even the idea of having sex with them doesn't cross my mind, I just can't imagine it. I don't know if that helps with what you were asking about as "normal" or not. (sorry my sentence is terrible)

Halfling
Conversationalist

Back to top Go down

Post by aforestfae Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:22 pm

Yeah normal wasn't quite the word I wanted to use perhaps more socially expected or socially typical? socially desirable?
I understand, I myself never consider sex with people I actually meet, only ever think about it in regards to my future partner/current fictional crush.
I get slightly confused, because depictions of the 'desirable' way of doing things is get to know each other, yet so many people seem to get into relationships without that

aforestfae

Back to top Go down

Post by Halfling Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:08 am

I guess a longterm relationship imply getting to know each other. But lots of people don't seek longterm relationship, and "just want to have fun" by enjoying a relationship with someone they "like", they've got good sex with, and nothing more, knowing they won't spend the rest of their life with them.
And people tend to be able to separate love feelings and sex, so it doesn't bother them to have sex with people they don't know or even don't like, because it's just sex.

Halfling
Conversationalist

Back to top Go down

Post by aforestfae Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:59 am

True
I found my place, I figured it out yesterday.
Although Asexual is the overall term, say outside of Asexuality forums, the more specific label is Demi-Cupiosexual, I desire a sexual relationship with a strong emotional bond but lack any actual sexual attraction, I feel like my explanation is not clear, hence why Asexual is the simple way of explaining it to people, having the additional labels just makes me feel a bit 'safer' since I don't feel I completely fit asexual, I find sexual attraction and desire seem to be a kind of fine line, I struggle to separate them for myself, I see it as, the sexual desire may one day develop into sexual attraction, but it's only ever going to be with someone I've bonded with very strongly because that's the only kind of sexual desire I feel, hope that makes sense Smile

aforestfae

Back to top Go down

Post by Halfling Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:07 pm

That's great for you, I'm glad you could find your place. Don't be too rigid with the labels though, labels are what we make of them. And thank you for teaching me a new word ^^ hehe. Totally make sense. Smile

Halfling
Conversationalist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down