Demi Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Go down

New member Empty New member

Post by Mongoose Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:01 pm

Hallo - found my way over here from AVEN, where I am also Mongoose (and Celinda on AceBook if anyone's there). I'm in my late forties but have only recently worked out I'm on the asexual spectrum, and still trying to settle exactly where I fit on it; it's somewhere in the grey/demi range, I know that much. I'm British, a sociable introvert, and highly amused to discover the strong association between asexuality and cake, because I'm rather well known for my cakes. Especially at concerts. I'm a baroque and early music enthusiast, and a number of my friends are professional musicians (mainly singers), so I go to quite a lot of concerts and I nearly always bring cake.

I hope to make some friends here. If any of you are in the UK, you might even get to try some of those cakes at some point. Smile

Mongoose
Lurker

Back to top Go down

New member Empty Re: New member

Post by CamisaNegra Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:05 pm

Hullo, welcome!

I'm disappointed that I don't live in the UK now. I'm the baker in my group of friends, it'd be nice to have someone else's cake. ^_^
CamisaNegra
CamisaNegra

http://mistakeshavebeenmade.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aisling Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:15 pm

Welcome to the DG! We're delighted to see more people signing up. ^_^
How's the weather over in that part of the world right now?
Today it was absurdly warm where we are, in the southern part of Illinois, USA.
Aisling
Aisling
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mongoose Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:57 am

Good morning, both of you! Smile The weather is pretty "meh" over here at the moment... dull, grey, not doing anything in particular, and a little bit warmer than I'm really comfortable with in March. (I think I have some penguin genes in me somewhere. I hate the heat. I promise I shall do my best not to moan all summer, but it may be difficult.)

Yesterday I posted on LiveJournal about having recently realised I'm asexual; since I have over 200 friends on there, I reckoned that statistically speaking there should be about two people who were also on the asexual spectrum and might benefit from it. I got three, plus one lady who said she thought her daughter probably was, so I linked them to AVEN and anyone who works out they're grey/demi should find their way here from there, as I did.

I'm a believer in visibility, not for my own sake but for other people's; for me, after the initial surprise of discovering at my age that I have a minority sexual orientation, it rapidly became just another of those little facts that go towards making up who I am, like the facts that my favourite colour is green and I don't have a strong left-right hand dominance. But it's the sort of thing that other people may get hung up about, especially if they're not particularly self-confident, so I'm now basically wandering around saying, "Hey, I'm asexual, and if you're asexual too, you're not weird... well, at any rate no weirder than I am!" Smile

Mongoose
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Pan Boleyn Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:40 pm

Yes, thank you for that third paragraph! I'm demi, personally, but for me it's just one more detail of who I am. Until I had a word for what seemed "off" about me, though, I would get hung up on it, so the fact that you're wandering around the way you are is a great thing!

Oh, nice to meet you, by the way. I get carried away sometimes. And you're on LJ? Perhaps we have crossed paths... at least, if you wander into the fandom parts of it.
Pan Boleyn
Pan Boleyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Mongoose Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:39 am

Thanks! I am miss_next on LJ, though I am not posting there as much as I used to and I'm not involved in any fandoms. I have a lot of friends who are, though, so I tend to pick up on stuff by a kind of osmosis. Smile

Mongoose
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down