Demi Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First 'I'm new here' thread!

2 posters

Go down

First 'I'm new here' thread! Empty First 'I'm new here' thread!

Post by Arcanine Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:24 am

Hi there, I'm Arcanine, the same Arcanine that you probably saw over at AVEN!

So I suppose this is the first Welcome thread, technically, in b4 everyone else?

I should mention that I'm not a Gray-A, or a Demisexual. I'm actually a 'nonlibidoist aromantic Asexual', but I'm certainly an ally!

I found out about this forum via the announcement thread over at AVEN. And as I stated there, I am impressed by the general appearance of these forums, and I just learned that there is a chatroom function as well, which is another great feature (I have noticed that forums without chatrooms tend to do very badly, so it's good to see one here)! it is definitely a step forward for Gray-A's an Demisexuals alike.

I know this is a welcome thread, but I wish these forums Good Luck for the future.

Arcanine
Arcanine

Back to top Go down

First 'I'm new here' thread! Empty Re: First 'I'm new here' thread!

Post by Aisling Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:08 am

Haha, it's lovely to see you here, Arcanine. I remember you from the chatbox, yes. Thank you so much for your positive review at AVEN, and for joining us here.

We appreciate your well-wishes; allies are always welcome. Smile

I hope you understand that by not listing total-aces in our title, we aren't isolating them as not being valid parts of our community. Simply put, the needs of total-aces are fundamentally different from the needs of anybody who is at least occasionally able to feel sexual attraction and desire, and all of these are different from the needs of a person who identifies as purely sexual.
Aces are certainly welcome here, but having a place away from an ace-core community allows us the opportunity, if we wish it, to discuss sexual situations that aces might find triggering, repulsing, or otherwise best avoided in a general way, without the concern that we'll actively upset totally asexual community members.

Anyway, thanks again, and please have a lovely week. ^_^
Aisling
Aisling
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcanine Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:32 am

Tegid wrote:Haha, it's lovely to see you here, Arcanine. I remember you from the chatbox, yes. Thank you so much for your positive review at AVEN, and for joining us here.

We appreciate your well-wishes; allies are always welcome. Smile
Thanks, and you're welcome! Very Happy

Tegid wrote:
I hope you understand that by not listing total-aces in our title, we aren't isolating them as not being valid parts of our community. Simply put, the needs of total-aces are fundamentally different from the needs of anybody who is at least occasionally able to feel sexual attraction and desire, and all of these are different from the needs of a person who identifies as purely sexual.
Aces are certainly welcome here, but having a place away from an ace-core community allows us the opportunity, if we wish it, to discuss sexual situations that aces might find triggering, repulsing, or otherwise best avoided in a general way, without the concern that we'll actively upset totally asexual community members.

Anyway, thanks again, and please have a lovely week. ^_^
Oh yes, of course, and I agree. I should add, that I do not find such discussion to be at all repulsing. Laughing
Arcanine
Arcanine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down