Demi Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm not sure if I'm demisexual or not...

4 posters

Go down

I'm not sure if I'm demisexual or not... Empty I'm not sure if I'm demisexual or not...

Post by Ochre Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:00 pm

I've only ever been sexually attracted to one person, I've known him for three years now and at first I just really liked him (it had been the same with everyone else I'd dated) but at some point a long the way I started to feel sexually attracted to him (this was after knowing him for about 6 months during which I almost constantly talked to him). After about 10 months I had to break things off for personal reasons, but I've felt no sexual attraction for anyone since. I was starting to think maybe I was a-sexual but then I always thought about what I felt for him and knew I couldn't be. I've also felt attraction to girls but not in the same way, and it's only been after I've become emotionally attached to them in some way. Especially at the moment I have this one friend and I get really upset when she's not online and I can't talk to her (she lives in another country), it's not anything sexual but I feel really strongly attracted to her like I want to talk with her all the time, and it reminds me of how I felt for the guy I dated before I became sexually attracted to him.

Everyone else I've been in a relationship with I've been comfortable kissing but I've always felt awkward when we do anything more, I just really don't know if I'm demisexual or grey-A or something else and it's really confusing me. I was wondering if someone could please give me their opinion about this, maybe it could help me come to some kind of a conclusion.
Ochre
Ochre
Lurker

http://nommasaurusrex.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

I'm not sure if I'm demisexual or not... Empty Re: I'm not sure if I'm demisexual or not...

Post by rainingsand Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:16 pm

Hey Ochre. From what you've said, it sounds like either grey or demi would work for you, depending on which feels more comfortable for you. I don't really have much experience in the demi area, being grey myself, but I'd be willing to talk it out with you if you'd like.

rainingsand

Back to top Go down

I'm not sure if I'm demisexual or not... Empty Re: I'm not sure if I'm demisexual or not...

Post by howyoufeel_org Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:23 pm

I often think and split on it, romantic attraction, sexual attraction and libido.
I can not help to find "your label" but I can tell you how I feel as a demi-romantic and demi-sexual.

For me I am pretty hardwired with romantic attraction first and then sexual attraction when the romantic bound is in place (but it can take longer).
First I have to be friends, then if I get a crush and get love drunk, the love drunk has to pass before the sexual attraction can start (3 step rocket).

howyoufeel_org
Lurker

http://www.howyoufeel.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Halfling Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:53 am

Hi Ochre.
As Howyoufeel said, can't tell you what label fit you most, but I can tell you how it works for me.
Ochre wrote:Everyone else I've been in a relationship with I've been comfortable kissing but I've always felt awkward when we do anything more, I just really don't know if I'm demisexual or grey-A or something else and it's really confusing me.

I never felt awkward when going further than kissing with people I loved. Because I loved them. (after having been friends for more than a year each...) But when I tried to get in a relationship with friends who were in love with me, thinking maybe love for them would come after, with time, like it seemed to work for other people, I felt awkward when kissing, and even more when going further... I kind of hated myself, feeling like... like yielding my body, it was really awful for me.
So well, I don't think being demi would involve an awkwardness in sexual situations with someone you love. Unless you weren't in love in the first place..?

Halfling
Conversationalist

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum