Demi Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What am I?

2 posters

Go down

What am I? Empty What am I?

Post by Jackson88 Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:17 pm

Well, the basics are that I'm 15 and male.

I am what you might consider somewhat bi-curious I suppose. I am attracted to females both sexually and romantically and I prefer them over guys, while at the same time I am attracted to guys, but in a non-romantic way. I have just recently been introduced to the term demisexuality and I have found that it is what most accurately describes how I feel. Then again, it doesn't do it 100%. The thing is:

1) 80% of the time I feel like I could only see myself actually enjoying sex, and any kind of sexual acts, starting at kissing, if it was with someone who I really like and who I know really likes me. I don't seem to be interested in doing any kind of sexual act with a person if I haven't known them very well for a long time, even though my sex drive is great. I do get aroused by physical appearance, but no matter how attractive the person looks I wouldn't be interested in actually doing anything sexual with them until I'd be sure that they're right for me.

2) 20% of the time I feel like going out and hooking up with a random person, not getting romantically or emotionally involved but just having sex.

The thing is, I have always been feeling like 1), but the feelings I describe in 2) I have not been feeling for too long. It confuses me because I don't even know what the official term for this kind of sexuality is. I'd just like to know, what am I? Am I like, somewhat demisexual, not demisexual at all, or what term is fit for the way I feel? I don't know if the feelings in 2) are just some kind of phase or if they are here to stay. Any help on defining this would be greatly appreciated.

Jackson88
Lurker

Back to top Go down

What am I? Empty Re: What am I?

Post by Halfling Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:37 am

Hi Jackson Smile
About what you describe in 2), did you actually do it ? I mean, is it like a fantasy you had without doing it, or did it happen that you had random sex ?

I ask that because it happens to me sometimes to desperately want to have random sex but I'm totally unable to do it. I just can't, because I can't imagine to be aroused if I were face to face with a guy I met to have sex...
Dunno if i'm clear..

About your attraction to guys, you are curious about the sex with males, that's what you mean ? Without seeing yourself in a romantic relationship with one ?
In fact, to have sex with a guy, you would have to know him for a long time, having developped a friendship or something like that to be able to have sex right ? It makes me think of "sex friends"... It includes the "knowing for a long time", without the "romantic" part. Does it speaks to you ?

Halfling
Conversationalist

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackson88 Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:02 pm

Hello~

Well, I didn't do what I described in 2), but the few rare times that I've ever actually felt like 2) I was sure that I could do it and that my feelings in 1) couldn't stop me as they basically weren't even present when I was feeling that way. I don't question myself wether I would have done it or not because I know that I would have, had I been given an opportunity at the time.

The thing about the guys is: I could see myself doing sexual acts with them, but I couldn't be in a relationship with one. Basically, the way I feel in 1) goes for girls, while the way I feel in 2) goes for guys. I don't seem to care how well I know the guy as long as he turns me on because I'm just not interested in getting into something serious/emotional with a guy.

Jackson88
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Halfling Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:07 am

Ok then you may be hetero-romantic&demisexual and homo-aromantic&sexual ? lol That seems odd, said like that, but it kind of reflects what you were saying, doesn't it ?
There may be a better way of saying that though, anyone ?

Halfling
Conversationalist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum