Demi Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ali's Alley

Go down

Ali's Alley Empty Ali's Alley

Post by Alowishes Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:44 am

*BIG HAPPY SIGH* At long last, my internet is finally set up and I can now hang out here without the clumsiness of being on mobile! It feels so good as much as it also feels hella bizarre to actually be on the internet on my computer after so long (month and a half xD it felt like forever).

At the moment I really should be getting to a surprise gift for a friend of mine overseas. xD It'll be the first thing ever sent through the mail between us, and admittedly as much as I am really excited to get it done and send it out to her (they'll be moleskine sketchbooks with personalized covers) I'm equally anxious. It could all just be silly worries that don't really matter though - I tend to feel hella awkward asking for a mailing address when I'm not dealing with someone local or family.  tongue 

Work has - knock on wood - calmed back to normal, which means my weekends are mine again (yaaaay  I love you ) I'm excited to catch the Blue Angels this Saturday, and I recently got interested in the Red Bull Air Racing Championship, which has made a valiant return after a four-year absence. They're coming to the US in October and since I had nothing to do at work but read scripts, I booked a trip for that weekend to go to the races when my boss wasn't looking xD

Overall I just have a lot of travel on my mind as of late. The friend I mentioned above lives in Arabia and for the last two years we've been talking about having me fly out to Dubai to visit. I'm stoked! I'm really excited now that it's a trip that is within reach, financially, and can't get it off my mind! I could be going out as early as next spring; gotta get off my ass and get my passport  tongue

Socially it feels good to have much easier access to DG. Ever since I found this forum the level of acceptance and confidence within myself for the Demi I am has grown significantly. No longer do I feel hella awkward ignoring my own feelings - or lack thereof - and following social norms (meaning, basically always saying 'yes' when a guy asks to date me, even when . . . I really don't care to. I had always figured there was something wrong with me back then) and after taking a stroll through the forums a little like the semi-lurker I was while limited to mobile, reading about the comfort others felt with their identities and how they approached explaining demisexuality to allos helped me take initiative socializing with guy-friends (as there is no longer that awkward air of an expected relationship beyond friends). As so far it's been going well! It's like a weight lifted off my shoulders when I can feel free to talk with whomever I want, regardless of gender, and I can finally just be myself. (honestly, forced flirting sucks. I hated it, and it just made me feel like a creepy puppet treading unknown waters.)

Ah shit xD aaaaaaand it's way late already - I've got work tomorrow so I better be off for the night. Here be my blurb!
Alowishes
Alowishes

Back to top Go down

Ali's Alley Empty Re: Ali's Alley

Post by Alowishes Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:13 am

Also I'm starting to tolerate my neighbour less and less. I've asked her on four different occasions to keep it down after 10pm as a courtesy to the rest of us who actually need sleep . . . (and I'm a fucking insomniac to begin with)

Does she remember? NOPE. She's quiet during the day and then 10pm rolls around . . . ALL THE NOISE. It's a quarter after 11 and she's still on the phone with her mom. The volume is turned up so loud I can hear both ends of the conversation.

This is fucking ridiculous.
Alowishes
Alowishes

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum