Demi Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help with identifying my partners sexuality?

4 posters

Go down

Help with identifying my partners sexuality? Empty Help with identifying my partners sexuality?

Post by thisisarihat Sat May 04, 2013 5:12 am

My boyfriend has never found anyone physically attractive, ever. His way of explaining it "people just look like people too me, nothing is appealing or 'nice' looking".the most he can do is know what society and social groups find attractive but he himself does not find these people attractive. I know that he can't be A sexual because we have had sex but we have had a great emotional bond due to the close friendship of 4 years ( we grew up together) He says that is has always been like this (hasn't found people attractive) but he knows what society or other people find attractive from what people say and as I said before he says he himself does not find these people attractive. Can I have some kind of advice as to understanding what this may be?

thisisarihat

Back to top Go down

Help with identifying my partners sexuality? Empty Re: Help with identifying my partners sexuality?

Post by Tree faerie Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:21 pm

Sounds like he's a demisexual, a very strong one. I am jealous of you, lol. I wish my husband was one, or I wish I knew he was >.<

Tree faerie
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Help with identifying my partners sexuality? Empty Re: Help with identifying my partners sexuality?

Post by rainingsand Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:20 pm

Quick note that you seem to be under the impression that asexuals don't have sex. I'd just like to point out that that's not actually true. Asexuals can have sex, even enjoy it, but it seems to be (that I've noticed) more along the lines of 'scratching an itch' than it is about lust for the partner. Obviously, I have no idea if this is true of your boyfriend or not, but I figured it bore saying.

rainingsand

Back to top Go down

Post by Aisling Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:29 am

rainingsand is correct.

Tree faerie, please abstain from fetishizing and over-idealizing demisexuality as a concept. It is not fair to you or your husband to demand that he fit in the confines of a label you found on the Internet. If he loves you and treats you with compassion and respect, and honours the boundaries of your social contract, is this not amply enough to satisfy any romantic relationship's needs?
Aisling
Aisling
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum