Demi Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Demisexuality: Is this normal or just me?

2 posters

Go down

Demisexuality: Is this normal or just me? Empty Demisexuality: Is this normal or just me?

Post by kiotsukatanna Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:06 pm

So, as of earlier this year, I came to the conclusion that I am a Demisexual after looking a great deal into it and finding that a lot of the characteristics fit me and explained a lot of things about myself that had confused me over the years. However, I do not personally know anyone else who is Demisexual that I can talk to and ask questions about, and so there are certain things I've discovering still that I don't know are a part of Demisexuality or whether they're just me things.

First off, I actually have a girlfriend, and while I initially thought myself bisexual, it was with her support and help that I realized that I fit demisexual better, and there have been certain things with her that have both clarified things as we've gone on and confused me.

One, I wondered if there were any other demisexuals who found the idea of phone/video sex uncomfortable. This could just be a me thing, but I wanted to ask and see if anybody else faced the same thing.

Two, I've realized that I can not think of the actual genitalia--penises, vagina--sexually. I can't look at them and think "sexy things." As a matter of fact, I can never look down at myself while masturbating without being turned off to an extent, and the one time my girlfriend masturbated in my presence, I felt very uncomfortable and not aroused in the slightest. I do get turned on by her. We've made out and touched, and she does sexually arouse me, so it's not a question of that. I just wondered if anyone else has this same problem.

Basically, is this normal for Demisexuality in any sense, or is this just me?

kiotsukatanna
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Demisexuality: Is this normal or just me? Empty Re: Demisexuality: Is this normal or just me?

Post by Aisling Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:31 pm

Those are pretty typical of the ace spectrum in general, including demis, yes.
Aisling
Aisling
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum