Demi Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hail, and well met!

2 posters

Go down

Hail, and well met! Empty Hail, and well met!

Post by Corinius Fri May 25, 2012 12:29 am

I've been lurking for a bit, and decided to register to help re-vitalize this fantastic forum! Now I get to talk about myself Smile

Salutations! I'm Corinius—though do feel free to call me Cor, or Corin or almost any other permutation of my name (though I seem to have taken a dislike to Cori). I'm a male living in the United States who has recently graduated college and must now identify as unemployed (yay?). I enjoy reading, bicycling, and making things (visual and audial compositions, building construction, and design in general).

As a relatively young teenager, I knew that I was different from most of my friends—I just didn't know how different and chalked it off to teenage angst. Though I've always supported my high school's LGBTQA (or one of the many other abbreviations, depending on the group) I didn't really know how to identify myself; thinking within the boundaries of heteronormative through most of high school and queer throughout undergrad (though I went to a tiny college that never had more than one other student who also identified as anything besides heteronormative), so I always remained a bit on the outside and simply called myself an ally in high school.

About six months ago, I was finally fed up with the unsatisfying umbrella term queer and decided to do a bit of research. I started off by searching about the most obvious difference from my peers—my general lack of sexual attraction when compared to most people. This led me to the AVENWiki, which provided a good bit of insight and eventually led me to the term demisexual which seemed to fit me best, though not perfectly (based on the AVENWiki's definition). The AVENWiki site provided the link to this forum, and after lurking and reading some of the much clearer defined terms I started identifying as demisexual and haven't looked back since.

...And I think this post is quite long enough.

Corinius

Back to top Go down

Hail, and well met! Empty Re: Hail, and well met!

Post by Aisling Fri May 25, 2012 3:08 am

Welcome to DG! It's a delight to have you here, and we're even more delighted that some of our definitions have been able to serve you.

Thanks so much for joining us. ^_^
Aisling
Aisling
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum