Demi Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So I recently found out I'm demi...

2 posters

Go down

demi - So I recently found out I'm demi... Empty So I recently found out I'm demi...

Post by Mystnerd Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:21 pm

Hi everyone! Very Happy
About a week ago I found out that I am demisexual. I had always assumed that I had unpopular tastes, but now I understand why. I found out about demisexuality from AVEN, and realized that it described me. I am also wondering how do I tell people that I am demi? And should I tell people because they might get confused? I have done a lot of research in the past week on demisexuality and there seem to be a lot of people who don't understand it. If anyone can give me advice on this, it would be appreciated.

Mystnerd
Lurker

Back to top Go down

demi - So I recently found out I'm demi... Empty Re: So I recently found out I'm demi...

Post by Aisling Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:24 pm

Welcome to the DG! It's great to have you here. Smile

Whether or not you tell somebody your orientation is entirely dependent on how important you feel it is that they have that information. Obviously, if somebody is hitting on you and you don't want them to, or if a friend is trying to push you to have a relationship you don't want... then explaining to them that it simply isn't suited to your preferences can be helpful.

As for how you tell somebody, it's really a case-by-case thing. Some people understand better if they can follow online links, for instance, while others do better being told face to face. Ideally, whatever you do should be in the way that causes you the least personal discomfort.
Aisling
Aisling
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum