Demi Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Demisexuality questions?

2 posters

Go down

Demisexuality questions? Empty Demisexuality questions?

Post by Ally-wa Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:41 pm

This whole thing is starting to get slightly confusing to me. I consider myself to be Demi, but I just want to make sure a few things are still in tact.
(Not sure what topic to put this under so I just sort of chose two ^^")
I know for a fact that I am Hetero, but I've never been one to think that flirting with some random guy you JUST MET somewhere was a way to fall in love. I don't find myself randomly crushing on guys I see, or in some cases just met. It has always taken me a long time to develop those feelings for anyone, and eventually they can. I don't constantly think about sex, or crave it, in fact I think sex should be something special that comes only when you are sure you love him/her and know each other well enough.
I really don't consider myself to be asexual, there still is some drive there.
I recall this time before I knew what a Demisexual was where I had a boy ask me out. I knew nothing about this boy really, and didn't consider us to be buds, friends, whatever. So I politely turned him down. There was nothing wrong with him, I simply just didn't know him well enough to start dating.

For the most part I do consider myself to be Demisexual, but I just wanted to make sure. There are several different ideas out there about it and I just wanted to make sure that I was identifying myself correctly.

Ally-wa
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Demisexuality questions? Empty Re: Demisexuality questions?

Post by unpolished_pearl Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:36 am

That seems in line with what I know about demisexuality thus far. So... I think heteromantic demisexual might be the term for you.

unpolished_pearl

Back to top Go down