Demi Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ciao to everyone

2 posters

Go down

Ciao to everyone Empty Ciao to everyone

Post by Ifo Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:51 pm

Hello!
I'm going to copy and past the message I left on AVEN, which is also the place where I found out this website existed. It's not out of laziness (even though I can be pretty lazy occasionally) but because it explains what I'm thinking right now. Here we go:

I'm Anna, I like and don't like lots of things, and I believe in "ask what you want to know" to get to know someone, so if you're curios about anything, ask right away!
I guess I'll talk a bit about why I'm here. Oh, but, english is not my first language, so sorry for any upcoming mistake. I'm still learning. On this line, if you're comfortable with correcting people, please do it - you could help me improving a lot.
And, I'm going to say something which could be a bit tough for someone, so please be careful.

Alright! I'm here because I think, though I'm not sure, but to be honest I'm pretty sure, that I'm demisexual. I've never had the slightest problem with my sexuality, not when I found out I liked girls, nor when I understood that I liked boys too. I was totally okay with myself, and I didn't care that even in the LGBT community, some people found bisexuals weird. I’ve never felt the urge to label myself either, not really. Whatever I liked, it was okay.
But now… This is different. I don't know why, but I feel I need to find a place for my sexuality, and a name. I hope this feeling will pass with time, but for now, I’m uncomfortable and I don’t like it. For the very first time, I found myself thinking "I wish I was normal", and then I was horrified by my own thoughts. Of course this is normal, of course it's okay. But, for some strange reasons, I can't seem to get this concept, and I hate it.
There is also the fact that while my friends were utterly fine with bisexuality, the one I talked with about demisexuality seemed not to believe such a thing exists. This makes me feel more lost than ever.
I talked about it with another friend today, and though he didn't quite grasp it and questioned everything, he was very supportive.
But, I feel I need to talk about it with someone who could really get what I'm experiencing right now. Which is another first for me. I basically need friends who can understand the situation, and maybe helping me out of this confused state of mind. And that's why I'm here.

If something I said was triggery for someone, I apologize. But I thought I should have been honest.

Ifo
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Ciao to everyone Empty Re: Ciao to everyone

Post by Halfling Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:29 pm

Hi, welcome Ifo Smile
I don't know what to say, I hope talking here will help you. If you feel the need to explain why you have issues with the fact of being demi, you're welcome to do so Smile I hope you'll like it here!

Halfling
Conversationalist

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum