Demi Grace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How is everyone?

3 posters

Go down

How is everyone? Empty How is everyone?

Post by DemisexualHulk Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:38 pm

Name's Robert, 21 years old, I have Asperger's Syndrome and possible ADHD. Over a week ago I realized that I was not sexually attracted to any girl, not even the pretty good-looking ones, at first sight like I thought I was, but I could only be that way when I am emotionally connected with them. Then last 4th of July, I discovered the word demisexual, and everything clicked. To be honest, while I feel that way, it's difficult for me to fully accept it just because maybe I'm not fully used to that, yet, I hope. Honestly, I thought I was interested in casual sex, because I also do not have a desire to be in serious relationships at all (and I've been in a few), so I'm aromantic, as well. Then I got too obsessed with it, and that made me miserable for over a year, until this point. Now I just don't wish to have that, because once again, I can't be sexually attracted to anyone at first sight (it's obviously innate and out of my control). I guess it's safe to say that I'm not so likely to get STD's or even get into awkward situations, after all lol I also have a low/moderate, sometimes neutral sex-drive, since I hardly even feel the need to masturbate, even then, I just ignore it and concentrate on something else.

Also, I'm introverted, which means for the most part I enjoy being alone, and I don't have a connection with many people even on the friendship aspect, judging from my conversations with them, but I have some legit friends, at least, and I'm just learning not to take them for granted. At 6'4", 220lbs, I am into fitness, working out, being in great shape (and I used to be big and bulky, weighed 260lbs at my peak. But I love the leaner, healthier asthetic look better, to be honest), but even then I don't make friends with too many in any gym I go (then again, the gym is not a social place, anyway haha). I love listening to a variety of music (whatever sounds good to me, or even relates to me), and I watch a variety of movies, whatever I can even slightly enjoy (same as music). I also put DemisexualHulk as my username because I used to (and still but sometimes) watch The Incredible Hulk with Lou Ferrigno, and I remember one episode named Prometheus where there's David Banner (played by Bill Bixby) caught half way between human and Hulk, called Demi-Hulk (by Ric Drasin). The word demisexual also triggered my thoughts about Demi-Hulk, due to the word demi. I also look like the Hulk, but the size of Demi-Hulk. Hence, DemisexualHulk.

Anyways, whatever is really a part of me, I'm just learning to take advantage, so I can have a chance to live a great quality of life. I'm all about no-nonsense, after all haha! Very Happy Once again, it's really nice to meet everybody here.
DemisexualHulk
DemisexualHulk

Back to top Go down

How is everyone? Empty Re: How is everyone?

Post by Halfling Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:39 am

Hi DemisexualHulk lol. The word "demi" triggered my thought about half things so, it got me to take my own username haha.

I'm in a relationship with an asperger's, and I see that libido isn't really high for him either... I'm not saying it's related, but well, it seems that aspergers can have some issues with desire, sexual drive and all (maybe because sexual situations are kind of the most socially/full of implicit ones... ?).

Halfling
Conversationalist

Back to top Go down

Post by DemisexualHulk Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:41 pm

Halfling wrote:Hi DemisexualHulk lol. The word "demi" triggered my thought about half things so, it got me to take my own username haha.

I'm in a relationship with an asperger's, and I see that libido isn't really high for him either... I'm not saying it's related, but well, it seems that aspergers can have some issues with desire, sexual drive and all (maybe because sexual situations are kind of the most socially/full of implicit ones... ?).

That could be it, because I don't know one person with autism irl who's interested in sex. But an Asperger's and the like could have a high sex drive, because I know I couple online, like that. So they come out with a variety of sexualities and such. Halfling lol that caught my eye when I came back to check in.
DemisexualHulk
DemisexualHulk

Back to top Go down

Post by Aisling Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:15 am

Welcome to the DG! Thank you for sharing your background a bit with us; we hope you gain much from your time here.

We know somebody who is both autistic and allosexual, so while some correlation or co-trending may occur, we find it unlikely that one causes the other, as a rule.
Aisling
Aisling
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum